Position: Night Shift Maintenance Engineer – Mechanical bias
Package: £43,000 p/annum salaried, Pension, Holidays
Hours: 12hr shifts on perm nights (Sun-Fri OR Mon-Sat) Overtime 1.5x
Environment: State of the art fully automated high-volume manufacturing site inc clean room
The company and group:
Part of a global business my client has been established for over 30 years and have an illustrious history of manufacturing personal protective equipment for professionals across industry and healthcare.
We are looking for a skilled Engineer to support the maintenance and repair of equipment and services at our brand-new manufacturing facility. As part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be required to undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on equipment, supporting reliable and efficient running.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Adhere to systems and procedures in place for Equipment, Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Help plan and undertake scheduled maintenance for equipment and services.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and service schedules are completed on time following manufacturers technical literature and internal procedures.
- Respond to breakdowns, diagnosing and repairing faults in a timely manner to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of fault finding and diagnostic actions to prevent re-occurrence of similar issues.
- Liaise with technical support for specialised equipment as required to assist in fault diagnosis and repair.
- Carry out standard tool changeovers as scheduled in production.
- Assist in new Equipment installation onsite.
- Liaise with external contractors as required.
- Manage and request equipment spare parts, general MRO, highlighting low stock.
- Where required maintain records for equipment, services, buildings, fixtures, and fittings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educated to HNC and/or City and Guilds qualified in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Proven experience of working in a maintenance environment within a high-volume manufacturing or production industry
- Must be competent working on mechanical, hydraulic, and compressed air systems.
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to apply, then please email John-Paul Elliott with an up to date copy of your cv.